The new timeline for Facebook business pages is here… And, it’s looking pretty snazzy!
For a while marketers have been creating Facebook landing pages, asking for the like, promoting their product, handing out coupons for likes etc. With the new design, Timeline for Facebook business pages, no longer can you have people land on a default landing page (you can still however have landing pages, check out the blog post on custom Facebook tabs). However, you do have a lot more space for an intriguing image that represents your business.
With this new design it’s important to follow the Facebook Cover guidelines when it comes to your cover image. Here they are:
1. You cannot have calls to action
2. You cannot include contact info
3. You can not have price or purchase info
4. You cannot have any reference to Facebook features such as “Like us” or “Share our page”
Essentially the guidelines for your cover image protect Facebook from anyone thinking that your page is an ad created by Facebook. Also, it helps to keep social social. Meaning, they don’t want pages to create banner ads for their Facebook business page profile.
Things you can do.
1. Get creative!
2. Be fun.
3. Show your brand or companies personality. (An image says 1,000 words)
4. Just like with Facebook ads, an image can make or break the success of it, so test out what images look best and work best.
Check out Facebook Help for more info on your new cover image for Facebook Timeline for Business Pages.